06 August 2008

Filling Your Life With Good Things

"Our lives are like a book with empty pages. We fill in a new page each day. Some of our pages are filled with happy memories that makes us laugh again when we look through the pages. Of course there are always a few sad pages in every life, but even those can bring good memories as we recall how God helped us through a difficult time.

God has given us the responsibility any privilege of deciding what will be printed on our "life pages" and we can't tear any out."


5th August 2008

That was the lesson we learned tonight as my daughter & I shared a devotion together before her bedtime.

Yes, I'm going to fill my day with good things even though it was a rough day at work today. I will try not to remember the unpleasant things that has happened but will "fill my life page" with good things.

The good thing that happened today in the office is that we celebrated of the admin staff's birthday. It was a pleasant surprise for her and I thought that was a good gesture on the part of the rest of the admin staff. Admist their busy schedule they found time during lunch to buy a cake and some snacks and even a gift. My part was to tricked her into coming in to one of the exec room where we held our small birthday party. That was fun for me....took some of the stress off work for a while. Yes! that was one of the good things that happened today!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I was served this dish called "kangkong" with "sotong". The amazing part of it all was that it was cooked in our "not so well equipped pantry" which only has a fridge and multi cooker pot that we just brought. It actually tasted quite good. Well done to the few ladies in our office.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hi!

Don't be discouraged by the downs. Cause God's power is works best when we are weak :)

Hope you're coping with the heavy work load!