01 January 2009

Time Of Reflections

Another year has passed and here’s 2009. I was just in church this morning attending our sunrise service at 6.30am listening to various testimonies of different ones. Some shared about God’s blessing in their lives and others on the storms of life they faced during the year 2008. All had a common thought that God is a God who cares and will never let us down.

As for me I have been really pondering of the things that have happened in my life through 2008. At first it was difficult to re-collect as time really flew by. In my camera bag are tones of recorded video tapes waiting to be down loaded…don’t know when that will happen.

But sitting there in church today, I was reminded of the difficult and hostile environment at work, enduring the character assassinations, numerous deadlines & initiatives by the company, the times where I wanted to really drop every thing and move on.

Yet the important lesson I learned was a lesson learned at management team building at Sungkai. At the retreat we learned a song called “Bila Diriku Disayangi”….the few Malay songs I know. It’s through this song that I begin to treasure the love God has for me. Because of His love I am able to move forward amidst difficult moments and am able to come under the covering of His wings.

It is truly this fact that “I am loved by God” that helped me weather the storm that I am in. Besides difficult moments I have made good friends with my colleagues, helping and encouraging each other through the hard moments. Personally I have grown much closer to my staff and this has helped us achieve way above what was expected.

So what is in stored for the year 2009?....Frankly I don’t know but one thing I know for sure it that God still loves me and will take care of my needs. As pastor shared this morning, three resolutions would be:-
A positive attitude in life regardless of our circumstances
A positive attitude towards the church
A positive attitude towards one another.

A Happy & Blessed New Year To All

No comments: