03 October 2008

Two For the Price Of One

This Raya Holidays my family, together with my parents and my sis had an outing to the movies. We went to watch Mamma Mia.

Cinema has gone through a lot of changes since my dad’s time. I remember going for movies in the large cinemas like the Rex Theatre. I remember watching Jurassic Park when my other half was expecting our first child. Mum had a word or two to say about watching Jurassic Park while you are pregnant! Anyway the kid turned out fine…didn’t look at all like T-Rex!
I used to remember in those days that you could buy first class tickets (balcony seats) until 3rd class tickets. (right in front of the stage on wooden chairs).

My dad used to tell me that the cinema in Cameron Highlands has a leaky roof and one would have to bring an umbrella just in case.

Well all these cinemas are on the endangered list as several other older theaters have closed down and have been replaced by newer multiplexes.

Back to my story…The air conditioning in Cineplex in Jusco Selatan was really cold and that meant more trips to the toilets. First dad went and I went out just to make sure he got back into the right Cineplex. Then mum disappeared to the toilet too. She took a long time to come back. We were about to send for the search party but finally she came back.

After the show, on the way out dad told me that mum paid for the price of one ticket but watch two movies. Apparently after coming of the toilet, she went into the wrong Cineplex and when she couldn’t spot any of us, she decided to sit down until one of us came to get her. Then she realized that this movie was not Mamma Mia and that meant she was definitely in the wrong Cineplex!

We all had a good laugh all the way out!

No comments: