04 January 2010

Balik kampung

Just before the end of last year, we went on a family trip to Cameron Highlands. My better half told the kids that we were going back to my kampung. Yes, that's right I was born in Cameron Highlands but never stayed there long...( a week I was told)

The hospital I was born in is still there but has been converted into a Pusat Kesihatan. This time we just had a relax time just shopping around. In terms of shopping there's really nothing much in Cameron Highlands. Just about every shop sells the same thing...strawberry umbrella, balls, pillows, key chains, t-shirts and of course the real strawberries.
Photobucket
Then there's vegetables, dried flowers and cacti everywhere too.
Photobucket

But one of my favorite place is called Multi Crops Central Market. The complex is not really a market, but more of a landscaped garden filled with an array of plants, cacti, flowers, handicrafts and souvenirs that you can purchase. There is also a cafe inside with tables situated strategically around the garden so you can have a peaceful afternoon tea.

This time round I bought two hearts shapes plant hangers made by the Orang Asli. The ivory plants were bought in KL. Photobucket

I also bought two glass pots with cactus in them. Photobucket

In evening we went to the night market at Brinchang. This time we found a stall selling Strawberry Fried Ice.
Photobucket My Preteen bought a cup and it must have been good because she bought another one the 2nd night.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Then there was a guy selling honey sticks by scraping of pieces from the honey comb.
Photobucket That we didn't try.

Well, these were some of the higlights of the trip.

No comments: