08 October 2009

Surviving The Storms of Stress

This morning, as I stepped into my office I already felt tired. I wasn't looking forward to the two Raya gatherings that I had to attend, one of which was my own office and a dozens of things to do before the SEMS (Safety Excellence Management System) audit next week... Read my comments on Auditors

Immediately at 8am, I already dragged my executive for my walkabout. I wasn't pleased with what I saw on my walkabout. So many things to do and yet so little time! I came back to the office and was just telling God to help me feel motivated and look at things from a different angle.

As usual like most of my office functions, I had to say a few words....something I hate to do but my staff always feels its important for the boss to speak.

That gave me some time to reflect back at the year and really felt it was a great opportunity to thank my staff for efforts they put in through all the university's initiatives and continue to encourage them to carry on for the new year ahead.
The office Raya celebration was great....looking at the staff taking photos together reminded me that the bond they shared with one another.
Having the VC and my new boss come was an added pleasure to the event.





Then it was another two meetings in the afternoon. This is one meeting where I walked in and found the chairman has an emergency and I had to chair the meeting. At six, I decided to head home for the church cell meeting

In the cell group tonight, we were discussing about surviving the storms of stress. We learnt that coping with stress isn't enough. It was like I was treading water but never getting to shore. I guess that what it means by coping. All this while I was trying to keep my head above water which left me vulnerable to big waves coming along.

Then the big reminder came! Romans 8:37 " In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

If we can be "more than conquerors" in the stresses of life, why should we settle for coping?

It's great to be reassured that "for He Himself (Jesus Christ) is our peace".

Knowing that Jesus is our peace, I can sleep soundly and leave the auditors to God because "Nothing is Too Big For God to Handle"

No comments: