04 August 2009

A Tribute To My Young Learned Friend..Gary Leon Robert

Last Sunday I lost one of my young learned friends. Gary Leon Robert went back to the Lord at the age of 22. Read NST

It is impossible to capture into words all that he meant to us and impossible to describe the way he touched all of us.
Judging from the large crowd at his Wake Service tonight, he has touched many from all walks in the life especially in uni. Each of us has many special memories of him

I will always remember his smile, his politeness and his ever willingness to help someone. In the last year I had many lunches with him. We would talk about anything. I would share with my family life and in turn would share his life. Once he share about how he would take his sister's art and submit as his own (he admits that he couldn’t draw as well as his sister.) One day the sister found out that all her drawings were gone.

As I had my lunches with him, I frequently thought that his parents must be really proud to have a son like him. He would sms me and my better half to wish us Father’s day & Mother’s day.

Just early this year, he & girlfriend came to see me and told me they were going out together. He wanted me to keep an eye and to guide them in their relationship. That was how Gary was….always wanting to give his very best . He spent his last days persuading people to sign up for Techflow camp. He would send out emails and personally persuading people to sign up.
I last saw him on Thursday at COIT, making appointment to see me to sign the society accounts. We met later that afternoon and I was looking forward to seeing him monthly for the accounts. I spoke to him on the phone on Saturday night and he ended up by reminding me that Cheras people should always stick together.

Now I only have memories of him…whenever I passed the benches at COIT, I will always remember him seating there pasting the receipts of purchases by the society.
I will miss him and we all will for the long time to come. Why? Because he has deposited some part of his life in us.

No comments: