30 July 2008

How A Son Sees His Dad

"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."
-- Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist


All of us who are parents know how becoming a parent radically changed our lives, and also how it radically enriched our lives. Been a dad has given me more laughter and more memories than any other experience in life possibly could.

Not only do my two children create memories for me, but we create memories for them.

This illustration from my recent googling pretty sums up the different phases a dad goes through.

4 years: "My Daddy knows everything."
8 years: "My Dad is really smart."
12 years: "My Dad probably doesn't know that."
16 years: "My Dad is absolutely clueless!"
21 years: "Dad is pretty out-of-touch."
30 years: "I'd like to find out what Dad thinks."
40 years: "Let's get Dad's opinion before we make a decision."
50 years: "I wish I could ask my Dad about that. He's pretty smart."
60 years: "My Dad knew absolutely everything."
70 years: "I'd give anything if Dad were here. I really miss him."

-Author: Unknown

No comments: